prep: 25 mins cook: 40 mins total: 1 hour, 5 mins
yield: 6-8 servings
· 3 cups cauliflower "rice"
· 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
· 1 cup organic cultured whole milk cottage cheese
· 1 1/4 cup shredded organic cheddar cheese, divided
· ½ c chopped onion
· 2 c raw or 1 c frozen chopped kale
· 6-8 strips of crispy organic bacon, crumbled
· Garlic to taste
· 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
· Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
· 6 pastured eggs, gently whisked
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
· Freshly chopped Italian parsley or cilantro, for garnish - optional
1. Grease a 9" round glass pie dish or a 1 ½ quart glass casserole dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Fry bacon until crispy.
3. Remove bacon and add kale and onions to bacon grease skillet, sauté on medium heat until tender, then allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Rice cauliflower in food processor with large grater blade and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the melted healthy fat of choice and stir. Add remaining ingredients except eggs and stir to combine. Add the whisked eggs and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the greased dish and sprinkle the reserved 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese over the top followed by the grated Parmesan.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and the egg mixture cooked through.
6. Serve immediately garnished with optional freshly chopped Italian parsley or cilantro and/or extra sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from author Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri https://www.recipestonourish.com