Chewy on the outside and creamy on the inside, these biscuits are a great addition to any healthy meal!
· 2 large pastured eggs
· 1 medium organic cauliﬂower, riced
· 2 slices uncured woodland bacon, fried crisply
· 1 t organic garlic powder
· ¼ t sea or Himalayan salt
· ½ cup organic almond ﬂour
· 2 T organic cold pressed coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a slip pad.
3. Rice the cauliﬂower by placing sliced chunks in a food processor with a large grating blade.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
5. Add coconut oil and riced cauliﬂower. Sauté 5-8 minutes, or until cauliﬂower softens.
6. Transfer the cauliﬂower mixture to a food processor, add eggs, bacon, garlic powder, salt and almond ﬂour.
7. Process on high until the rice is broken down and all ingredients are combined. It should be creamy and look like mashed potatoes.
8. Next form biscuits on the prepared baking sheet by carefully scooping ¼ cup of the batter at a time to form each biscuit. It will make 12 biscuits. They will be runny, but that’s ok. If it’s too runny, toss it back in the batter, mix with a spoon, and then reform the biscuits.
9. Bake at 400ºF for 35 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
10. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan 5 minutes before gently removing with a spatula and transferring to a wire rack. They will be a little loose when they’re still hot but will harden at room temperature. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to one week. They can also be frozen up to one month.
For a spicy touch, add chopped spicy peppers of your choice or Cajun seasoning to the batter.
Adapted by Mary Williams from recipe by Megan Olson, author of Skinny Fitalicious food blog